At the beginning of February, when I began this horrendous climb in weight, I was devastated by the numbers. And yes, despite everything I say, it is still a bit of a numbers game. I started on track in January, moving from 227 pounds to 223. One week, one pound. And then February happened and I lost something. At week six of this year, I weighed 228 pounds. I was not happy, but the story wasn’t over! I climbed from 223 to 232 (according to my TOPS scale on Thursday night). I blogged about that at One Year, One Week, One Pound. while I wasn’t happy about any of the weight gain, it still happened. And it was the evenings that were killing me.
So I changed. If I am consistently making lousy choices at night, and great choices in the morning ( and who will argue that my porridge isn’t a great decision?) why not switch it up? So that’s what I’ve been doing since Thursday March 1, 2012.
Today, I went to the gym, determined to get back to my Monday weigh ins. Because I’d been weighing in every morning ( not a great habit, I know) I knew I would have a bit of a loss. This morning we are back where we were at week 6.
And guess what? I’m just as happy to see 228 today as I was unhappy to see it in February. You just have to keep plugging along.
February was a hard month to walk through. In terms of weight loss it was a desert. I wasn’t plodding forward, I was racing back. It’s not the first time I’ve done that, and I don’t think it will be the last. But I did learn from it. And here’s what I think I learnt:
- You just keep “staying the course” – doing what you know is right, like going to the gym, improving your eating habits, and tweeking as needed
- The world will still turn if I eat breakfast at 8 pm.
- Life is just as workable if I eat supper at 8 am.
- When you hit the skids in this journey – re-evaluate. Add what needs adding. Take away what needs taking away. Switch what needs switching.
Thanks for popping in and checking on my progress. I do appreciate it very much!
- So Not Happy. (oneyearoneweekonepound.wordpress.com)