When I googled “Christmas shopping Canada” I got this picture, which was close to what I was looking for. I thought maybe it was taken at the Eaton Center in Toronto or somewhere. Then I looked at the bags and thought, “Is there a Macy’s in Canada?” Well, there isn’t so this is obviously not in Canada. But it could have been Chinook Mall on Monday night when I stepped in to buy my running shoes and one last gift for the two E’s on my list. Definitely not my idea of a good time!
Next time I will remember to take my camera with me! It sure would help my blogging efforts if I could use my own pictures! However, if I ever go to New Jersey, I’ll have to stop in and walk around. I wonder if they have a yarn shop? By the way, if you click on the picture it will take you to their website!
If you’ve been following my blog you know that I much prefer to shop in smaller shops – giving my business to local people who are following their dreams. Here’s why I believe it’s a good idea:
- Less choice. Making decisions is stressful and if there is less to choose from and it’s good stuff, I can make a quicker decision!
- Less time spent looking – well – bookstores can keep me entertained for hours. But I’m not wandering through crowded malls trying to find the one store I need to find.
- More interesting stuff! Some of the gifts I was able to find were unique and I probably wouldn’t have found them at the Mall. Thankfully I didn’t have to look either!
- One stop shopping: Going to a shopping area (Think 17th Ave., Kensington, Brittania Mall, Eau Claire, etc., in Calgary – there are more but these are my favourites) and enjoy the fresh air, the interesting shops and get practically everything on your list (Well except one maybe).
- Supporting the 99% – I had to put that in somewhere, thanks to a shop in Woodstock, Ontario.
I’m not going to talk about how much or how little I spent. I will say that it’s all paid for (no debt) and I’m happy with every thing that I found.
If you haven’t finished your shopping – try this strategy. You will probably find it less stressful at the last minute. If you’re done – keep it in mind for the next time you need to send a gift!
I’m expecting my neices shortly, so I better get ready!
Have a joyful day!
The Cinnamon Bear, episode #24: “The Parade”