This is a picture of my mom and I, taken almost two years ago now. I chose it for a few reasons :
- It was a good day and a fun day, driving to Whitby (I think) by back roads and just enjoying the day together. We were even fortunate enough to see a stray pink flamingo lurking in the bushes at the side of the road.
- The road is long. Right here it’s fairly straight sailing, but it wasn’t always to straight and so smooth.
- The view was a surprise that we weren’t expecting, and we had several of them that day.
If you’ve been missing my “Monday Morning Updates” it’s because I got tired of them. I was certainly faithful about showing up at the gym and recording my distances. I just wasn’t losing any weight. Sometimes I’d even gain some. This is not a fun place to be.
As it stands, today I weighed in at 227.75 pounds. It means that instead of losing during the month of August, I’ve gained about a pound. This does not make me happy. However….
There are a lot of howevers, things I have accomplished this month. I finished a course and a certificate after 2 years of study. This was very stressful and time consuming. I have a new line of work. I can administer CPR and use an AED machine, although I hope I never have to! Physio three times a week takes up extra time. (I suppose this is starting to sound like a bad case of the “whinies” and I’m sorry)
So here is how I’m dealing with those doldrums today.
- I am enjoying music! An old cassette by John Michael Talbot. It is very restful.
- I am eating properly – Fajita salad with lots of veggies and protein.
- I am getting things done – laundry, book sorting, cleaning…
- I am going to see the last installment of Harry Potter with my friend.
- I am remembering that I have stayed the course for the most part and that there will be blips in the road.
The reality is this – the winds will come again. Doldrums are hard to handle. I don’t seem to be going anywhere. It’s just the “same old, same old”. And yet, there are small changes that I forget to celebrate – like the fact that I went to the gym this morning. I got up at 5:30.
Maybe I will notice that the wind is blowing tomorrow!
Have a wonderful day!