It seems that I can’t get away from goals this week! Last Thursday our TOPS chapter program was on goals, presented in the SMART format. Yesterday at Get Rich Slowly it was back in my face again! Here’s the link for that one: http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2011/04/12/setting-smart-financial-goals/
I bought this book second hand in December and started reading it as recommended. One article, every day for a week – The same article. It lasted 2 or 3 days. Then in February I started reading it at the gym while riding the bike or on the treadmill. It works and I read the article in question 5 or 6 times a week. (It also helps me know how many weeks I’ve been at this!) Guess what Week 15 is all about – you guessed it – setting goals!
Here are his steps to goal setting:
1.. Write out a clear statement of what you desire most.
2. Write out a clear outline of the plan for attaining this objective.
3. Set a definite time limit within which you intend to “acquire the object of your definite purpose” I like that!
Because I have a parachute with 5 colours, I’m going to be making goals for each colour. Some of them will intermingle a bit, but that’s okay. Life isn’t so cut and dry.
Here’s my goal: On May 1st, 2013 I intend to do this hike at my goal weight of 150 pounds. (May 1st is my birthday)
In order to achieve this goal I need to accomplish the following:
1. I need to use up 84 pounds of stored energy!
2. I need to overcome my fear of the 7th floor on the stair-climbing machine! And heights – you should see some of the pictures of this walk!
3. I need to build stamina and strength to be able to go the distance!
4. I need to save $1000 and airfare.
I’ll keep you posted on this as I go. I’ve got two years to do it in!
Have a wonderful day!